Thursday, February 5, 2009

Longhouse action research

The Longhouse Action Research project is in its final months now, so I am in the process of rounding up everything that I have been doing. The research has involved investigating modes of participation, continuing to investigate the question 'What does this city really need' and has in particular found me becoming increasingly obsessed with the Stoke-on-Trent Garden Festival of 1986, and the idea of becoming Stoke-on-Trent's official tour guide. Click Here to go to dedicated project blog. In order to round up the project I am developing a character: Stoke-on-Trent's official Tour guide, as through my research I have come to the conclusion that 1. this city really needs a hero and 2. there are no tour guides operating in the city. Therefore I am developing two different tours. The first is the regeneration tour; which looks at the city centre, and questions the artist's role in the regeneration process; the second will be a garden festival excavation tour. Last Saturday I went armed with the GPS to plan the route for the regen tour.


























5 Polish artists will be on an exchange, visiting the city w.b. 16th feb. so I have arranged to take them on tour...

No comments: