Today's meeting was part fact finding for TPWM and part communication in regards to their remit for delivering their aims and priorities of which 3 key priorities have been identified by the steering group, consisting of:
- Artist support and development
- Advocacy and communication
- Research and critical debate.
They have already identified a number of opportunities which will be opening up in the coming years, which should support development for artists in this area and other areas of the west Midlands and these will include:
- Research visits (about to be announced is a regional visit to Frieze, where delegates will go to see new work, but also look at the Sunday Art fair - with a view to explore whether art spaces from the region might be represented there.)
- A series of studio visits: where artists will be able to apply to meet specific curators to show their work and explore possible representation or opportunities.
- Micro residencies - where artists nominated by their group/area will be offered a residency in other areas.
- setting up a regional artist development advisory group to feed into and set the agenda for an annual visual arts forum for the area.